Saturday, August 23, 2014

My Infosec Origin Story

Everybody likes a good origin story. Especially these days with comic book heroes and villains getting origin story movies and TV shows. It explains a lot about the character that you've come to know well and helps you understand motivations and brain wiring.

The other day I was talking to someone about how I got into infosec and I realized I could sum it up pretty quickly. So here's my own personal infosec origin story:

  • Always been a technology guy. But then it started to get boring.
  • Started breaking technology - hacking. Then that got boring.
  • Protected technology and information from the breakers. Boring.
  • Now making and breaking business plans, models and ideas. Disruptive entrepreneurialism. It's not boring yet, but we'll see.

No comments: